The grapevine: EDM concerts come to Buffalo

The weekly breakdown of Buffalo’s day-to-day concert series

Monday, March 2

Excision – Town Ballroom

On Monday, Excision, a prominent dubstep producer, will be coming to Town Ballroom to kick off a week filled with electronic DJs coming to Buffalo. The Canadian artist is sure to blow the roof off with his rattling bass. His concert will be loud and rowdy, with a younger crowd fist-pumping at every bass drop.

Tuesday, March 3

The Bunny the Bear – Waiting Room

The Bunny the Bear is a Buffalo-based band that formed in 2008. The post-hardcore, experimental metalcore band has found a limited run of success, having released three LPs and a deal with Chicago record label, Victory.

On Tuesday, the band is returning to their native city to perform at the Waiting Room. As one of the more recently successful local bands, The Bunny the Bear has a strong following in Buffalo’s hardcore scene.

Wednesday, March 4

ODESZA – Rapids Theatre

ODESZA is an electronic music duo from Seattle, formed just before Harrison Mills and Clayton Knight, who make up ODESZA, graduated from Western Washington University in 2012. The group found their big break when they were slated to open for the hugely popular electro DJ, Pretty Lights, on his Analog Future Tour in 2013. Since then, ODESZA has seen a respectable rise in fame, releasing two studio albums and criss-crossing the country on tour. They will be performing their feel-good music filled with beautiful vocal samples and distinctive, spacey sound at the Rapids Theatre in Niagara Falls.

Thursday, March 5

Garth Brooks – First Niagara Center

American country superstar Garth Brooks kicks off concert super series in Buffalo on Thursday, performing his first of three concerts at the First Niagara Center. Brooks, an inductee of the Country Music Hall of Fame, is arguably one of the most prominent country musician’s alive. He has won two Grammy awards and 17 American Music awards. Currently Brooks is on a worldwide tour and is a music icon worth going to see. He will be in Buffalo March 5 to March 7.

Friday, March 6

Tritonal – LiFT Nightclub

Tritonal, a more traditional pair of trance, club and house DJs, will be coming to perform at LiFT Nightclub. Their show will be less of a concert, and more of a performance befitting a nightclub. There will be a crowded dancefloor, a packed bar and Tritonal’s fast-paced, mindless house music. This is going to be a party; the concert falls on a Friday, perfect for kicking off the weekend in style.

Saturday, March 7

Metrik – Waiting Room

Capping off the weeklong plunge into electric artists coming to Buffalo this week, Metrik, an English electronic music producer, has come across the pond to perform at the Waiting Room.

Metrik is similar to Tritonal, using a sound that is closest to traditional house music, rather than the electropop of ODESZA or the heavy dubstep of Excision. And, also like Tritonal, Metrik’s concert will be wild, filled with dancing bodies, spilling alcoholic beverages and loud, loud music. Friday and Saturday will both be wild, concert parties with Tritonal and Metrik. Both will be fun, crazy and loud – treat yourself to a weekend bender.