Jessica Williams rescheduled to April 2

Tickets for Williams’ comedic lecture available Friday

<p>UB's 14th annual comedy series, featuring <em>The Daily Show</em> correspondent Jessica Williams, has been rescheduled for April 2. Williams was originally set to perform in the Center for the Arts on March 12.</p>

UB's 14th annual comedy series, featuring The Daily Show correspondent Jessica Williams, has been rescheduled for April 2. Williams was originally set to perform in the Center for the Arts on March 12.

After a few weeks in limbo, the fate of UB’s 14th annual Comedy Series was decided Thursday when Williams and her management informed the Student Association that she could appear on April 2. The date worked with the Center for the Arts, the event’s venue, which SA President James Ingram said had to be available at the same time Williams was.

Williams was originally set to perform on March 12 but her performance had to be rescheduled.

The comedian, well known for her role as a correspondent on The Daily Show is set to perform a “comedic lecture” in the CFA’s Mainstage Theater on Thursday April 2 at 8:00 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.

“I’m glad it’s working out and, like I said, hopefully students will hear the word and be interested in going because I think it’s going to be a good show,” Ingram said.

Ingram previously told The Spectrum if a date didn’t work out SA would pursue another comedian, but that never became an issue. Ingram said they focused on other events, like the sneak preview of Game of Thrones’ fifth season this weekend, and hoped that Williams’ intent on rescheduling would work out.

Ingram said Williams told the SA Tuesday that she would be available on April 2 and they immediately worked to update its flyer and social media with the new date. SA will try to inform as many students as possible about the Comedy Series and Williams’ appearance in advance of the show, Ingram said.

“Erin [Lachaal], our entertainment director, came into my office today and said that we could schedule Jessica for April 2 if we wanted to do and it and I said, ‘Yeah, lets go for it,’” Ingram said. “We’ll have to get the marketing push going as soon as possible.”

Williams is set to perform a “comedic lecture” entitled, “For More We Turn To Jessica Williams,” which will string along segments she has worked on for The Daily Show and her stance on them with jokes and humorous anecdotes.

“Everything should be the same except the new date,” Ingram said.

Tickets will be available in the SA’s office located at 350 Student Union starting Friday at 9 a.m. for undergrads with a valid UB ID.

Jordan Oscar is a senior arts editor and can be reached at arts@ubspectrum.com