Entertainment Bites

A roundup of what you should know in the world of entertainment news

Katy Perry is scheduled to perform during this Sunday's Super Bowl XLIV halftime show.
Courtesy of Flickr user Samantha Sekula
Katy Perry is scheduled to perform during this Sunday's Super Bowl XLIV halftime show. Courtesy of Flickr user Samantha Sekula

This past weekend:

The 63rd Annual Miss Universe 2015

On Sunday evening, Paulina Vega of Colombia was crowned the 63rd Miss Universe winner. The 22-year-old has been a model for 15 years and earned a 9.9, the highest score possible, in every presentation. First runner-up was Nia Sanchez from the United States of America.

The 21st Annual Screen Actors Guild Award

The Screen Actors Guild Award (SAG) honors outstanding film and television performances of the year. Actresses Andrea Riseborough, Emma Stone and Amy Ryan won a SAG award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for “Birdman.” “Birdman” has won a total of 129 awards so far this year, according to IMDb, including a Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay and Best Actor in a Motion Picture.

Pay attention this week:

Katy Perry

This Sunday, Katy Perry will be headlining the Super Bowl XLIV halftime show. Fans should expect a “high-energy, danceable” performance, according to an article by CNN.

“Thank God It’s Thursday,” Returns

This past fall, ABC renamed their Thursday lineup “Thank God It’s Thursday.” After a 10-week hiatus, “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Scandal” and “How to Get Away with Murder” will all return to ABC this Thursday evening starting at 8 p.m.