Around Town: Restaurant week and haunted events

Hungry for excitement? Downtown is only four miles away

Restaurant Week

There are massive amounts of restaurants all over Buffalo participating in this year’s Local Restaurant Week. From Oct. 20 to Oct. 26, eateries offer specially created special dishes for $20.14. These spreads are usually much more costly, but during the seven days of Restaurant Week you have the opportunity to taste these expensive meals at an affordable price.

If you’re planning on staying near North Campus, then check out Adam’s Rib, Average Joe’s Bar & Grill, Duff’s Famous Wings or Scotch N’ Sirloin.

Downtown Buffalo isn't too far from South Campus, so why not take your friends out on the town? If you’re an adventurous beer drinker, then check out the Blue Monk or the Lenox Grill. For the chocolate lover, the Chocolate Bar is an ideal location. Other intriguing options include Merge, Pan American Grill & Brewery and Soho Burger Bar.

Haunted History Ghost Walks, Inc.

Haunted History Ghost Walk founder, Mason Winfield will lead the walk. The walk will begin at The Peace Garden at 476 Center St. in Lewiston at 7 p.m. Explore the dark side of this idyllic small village with an expert in the world of paranormal activity.

Haunted Food Truck Rodeo

On Friday Oct. 24, the Iron Island Museum on East Lovejoy Street in Buffalo is hosting a Haunted Food Truck Rodeo from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. You can go on haunting tours for $5, talk with psychics, watch horror films and eat from 12 of Buffalo’s food trucks.

Niagara Celtic Halloween

At 57 Canal Street in Lockport, you can experience how the Celts celebrated Halloween and the traditions that have impacted America’s version of the holiday. There will be Haunted Chambers for visitors to explore the tales of Celtic Halloween. The festival is Friday Oct. 24, Saturday Oct. 25, from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and on Sunday Oct. 26 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Rocky Horror Picture Party

The Rocky Horror Picture Party 2014 at the Riviera Theatre in Niagara Falls begins at 10 p.m. The film, Rocky Horror Picture Show, will be screened at midnight. The show costs $20.

Ghostbusters

Although it’s a touch early in the day, you can catch Ghostbusters Saturday Oct. 26 at North Park Theatre on Hertel Avenue in Buffalo for just $5. The film starts at 11:30 a.m.

email: features@ubspectrum.com